13 May 2013

Homemade Coffee Creamer

Hello Monday

Today we are venturing into the kitchen again with some more DIY.  That's right, y'all, we are gonna make some Coffee Creamer!  I stumbled into this adventure by accident.  The other night I made some donut holes and had three different "flavors."  Powdered sugar, of course, chocolate and cinnamon sugar.  With the leftover mix I decided to try it in my coffee as a sweetener and it was pretty good.  It got me to thinking how much I like to flavor my coffee and creamer is ridiculously expensive, IMO.  I mean, who doesn't want to save money???  I also like to see what I can make with the ingredients I have available in the house. This is super simple and a wonderful way to use up the powdered milk I have left from bread making.  There's always so stinkin' much...


Gather Ingredients:

Dry Milk
White Sugar
Brown Sugar 
Powdered Sugar
Cinnamon
Cocoa

I then put everything in the blender (recipes follow), blend and voila, creamer.  It would be just as easy to put it in the container and shake, shake, shake...


Cinnamon Sugar:

1 Cup Dry Milk
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 :Powdered Sugar
1 TBLS Cinnamon


Mocha:

1 Cup Dry Milk
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1/2 Cup White Sugar


Now, these are the measurements I used and these are the first batches.  I will make these again but some changes will be made.  On the cinnamon sugar, I would use more brown sugar (for a caramel flavor) and less cinnamon.  For the mocha I think more cocoa would be better.  I have discovered the addition of extracts give me so many more variations.  I'm a huge amaretto fan so, of course, almond extract would be fantabulous.  The possibilities are endless.  I would most certainly make a bigger batch but I just wanted to fill these little jars for now.  Yes, I am going through a glassware/storage phase and I LOVE it!

So, I hope this gives you a start.  I would love to hear what other flavors/recipes you may have.  Please, feel free to share in the comments section.  I feel like I talk to myself most of the time, which I do in reality, but it would be great to get some feedback.  

Here's to a Great Week!

~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment