12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day



My Biggest Gifts...



Well, it's been a year since I started my journey of 1000 Gifts.  Last year my mom gifted us with the photography companion to One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp.  I took the challenge and ended up buying the full book.  I was hoping to hit at least one "gift" a day for the year.  I got to #339, not too bad.  I went through those days of listing several and then there were those I didn't list any.  It's not anywhere near as easy as I had thought.  I don't even want to know how many "repeats" there are in there, I'll chalk it up to being especially grateful for those.

I will be reading through these gifts today as a reminder of just how blessed I am.  I have drifted away to a point and I need to recenter and focus on the beauty of the life we have.  Somewhere in all the shuffles of daily life, I have allowed myself to forget the most important part of my days...gratitude.  Gratitude, reflection, recharging...they are all the part of my day I should bring to the forefront.  It's in these moments I can really understand just how happy I truly am.

Here's to another year of Gifts.

~Ash


And here's one more gift, like I could skip him...pssshhhaaaa

My Partner in Crime All Things!


No comments:

Post a Comment