27 February 2013

Wednesday, Already?

I can't believe it's already Wednesday!  I'm very grateful for the quick passing of days this week.  Our house has been a hotbed of the "funk"...  We have all succumbed to the ickies and it's taking a little time to recover.  Poor Kyleigh missed a week of school and Lucy and Nick missed 4(?).  It's hard to remember with everything going on.  I'm also pretty certain the Hubbs is now feeling it.

Speaking of the Hubbs, he left Sunday for another round of globetrotting.  Sick kids AND Daddy leaving is so NOT cool.  They were able to get some quality snuggle time in with him which about the best one can ask for.  In usual style, the hits began before he left.  Obviously, the gross cold running through our house was a damper.  We also figured out we need a new well pump.  In typical WoodsFam fashion, we need a 2 hp pump which runs approx $1000 more than the smaller ones.  Yes, you read that right, one thousand dollars! The good news?  We have a portable cistern we can use to fill our reserve cistern.  Then, last night, I broke the brand new, interior truck handle.  It's been on there for about week.  Go me!  So, it's back to rolling down the window to exit the truck, at least until I go back to town and pick up another one.  LOL  And to add insult to injury, we lost another chicken last night.  Not sure what happened but when I found her she was in bad shape so I brought her in and wrapped her in a towel to warm up.  Lucy then held her until she passed away.  At least she was loved up the the end.  She will be missed.
 

R.I.P. Anne Boleyn

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.  I am off to get back in bed and hopefully sleep some more of this off. Perhaps when I post again it will sound like it makes sense.  Right now my head is scattered and I must keep re-reading what I've already typed.  Oh well, to another day.

~Ash




No comments:

Post a Comment