06 February 2013

Step 1

I focused on foundations yesterday.  Today I am looking at the bricks of this foundation.  Us, the WoodsFam.  In order to succeed in any venture, one must first focus on themselves.  This is not selfish, it is absolutely imperative, it's your "footer."  (Jiminy, can we tell my hubby is a structural engineer?)  A farm depends on it's people.  To be successful in any way, you have to be able to work physically and mentally.  Your home depends on you to keep it running.  The garden can't take care of itself and neither can the animals.  Yeah, the horse grazes and the birds free range but there is a little more to it.  Without the people, the farm dies.  So, we must take care of ourselves and each other.

The goal is to be healthy, productive, happy.  I know I'm loved and I love.  Loving myself is not always so easy.  Visualization is key to improving your outlook on yourself and your life.  We have to see ourselves the way we want to be.  I have battled this for a very long time.  I've always been hard on myself.  I have made a conscious decision today, it ends here.  It's been something in the works for a very long time and I am finally at the point where I can say it out loud.  I will be held accountable for my declaration.  I AM A GOOD PERSON!  LOL  I AM LOVABLE!  I DESERVE ________!  Got it?  It's so freeing.  "I'm good enough.  I'm smart enough.  And doggone it, people like me." ~Stuart Smiley aka. Al Franken

So, I am hoping to take you step by step through our journey here on the farm.  I realize it's a hobby farm blog, it's also a WoodsFam blog...the two go together.  It's for the betterment of all, here on the 'ole homestead.  Healthy, happy people make for healthy, happy animals.  Please, don't go, it will get better...esp. when the weather stabilizes.  Hehe

Thanks for reading and be sure to leave some ideas or examples for our growing home.

~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment