10 January 2013

Super Easy Supper

Good Day All.

It's SNOWING!!!  Yay! Maybe not...  It's gonna be a freezing cold weekend here in Montana.  Down in the negatives tonight and single digit/teens for highs.  We'll see just how much snow we get here, looks like we are only in for about 6".  Puts me in the mood for some good comfort foods.  We keep our thermostat set really low (64*F) so I like to take the opportunity to use the oven as often as I can.  So, in keeping with the theme, I have decided to post a quick and easy casserole for my first recipe.  The kiddos and I threw this together one night while the hubby was out of town.  Please excuse the photo quality, or lack thereof.  I just randomly decide to take pictures of meals.  I suppose it's time to learn the art of "beauty" shots.  Know what I mean?  LOL

Pizza Casserole



Ingredients

1 Package of Pasta (we used small shells)
Pizza Sauce (we used leftover spaghetti sauce)
Pepperoni
Ham
Mozzarella Cheese
Italian Bread Crumbs

* Preheat oven to 350 F

Cook pasta according to package, drain.  While pasta is cooking, prep your “toppings” as you wish.  We cut up pepperoni and used leftover diced ham. Mix sauce, toppings and pasta, even a little mozzarella, and place in baking dish.  Top with mozzarella and then bread crumbs.  Cover with foil and cook until bubbly, about 30 min.  Remove foil and brown the top for a few more minutes.  Serve with garlic bread.
**Any pasta/topping could be used and a side salad would go well too**



I hope this helps someone.  I know I am always looking for new ideas.  It's even better when I can use leftovers and clear out the fridge a little.  No one in this house likes leftovers so it's a good cover.  And who can go wrong with pizza, right?

May you all have a joyous day.  Give out a little extra love today, I bet there's someone near you who could use it.  It's a great day for cuddling too.

Comfort Food and Hugs go great together.

~Ash



No comments:

Post a Comment