05 November 2012

More Thankful Moments...

Good Afternoon Everyone!  I missed a few days of counting my thanks so here goes.  For Saturday, I was very thankful I didn't have to go hunt.  I just don't have the passion for it so it was very nice to be home and spend the evening with my hubby and good friends.  As for Sunday, I was (and still am) thankful for my family and friends...one "stone cold pack of weirdos!"  Without each and every one of them in my life I just don't think it would be such a good time. There is ALWAYS something entertaining going on.  It's never boring around our house, contrary to what the children may say.  And for today, I am thankful to live in a place with such nice and thoughtful people.  It makes such a difference knowing your neighbors and liking them.  I like this little town we call home.

And on to the "farm" part of the day.  I am excited to say I finally got the turkey shelter painted!!!  Now it just needs a little shingling and an improved hatch to the turkey food chute.  Very happy, looks good and I will post pictures later when I find my camera.  On a less than exciting note, I will be spending the day removing porcupine quills from the noses of two adventurous and curious dogs.  Maybe this will be a lesson to them about taking off and leaving the yard they are supposed to "watch."  Also happy I will have backup when Brian gets home.  This is not going to be added to the "fun things to do" list.

Stay tuned.

~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment