25 November 2012

Back to It...

Well, we've had a wonderful Thanksgiving week around the Woods household.  Lots of fun, food, friends and family.  We had such a good time with everyone!  Our upcoming week will hopefully settle down a bit.  Kyleigh starts cheer practice four days a week, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Advent...  The kiddos have requested I make an Advent calendar again this year so I will start on it soon.  Maybe they'll be able to help with some daily ideas for celebrating.  Saturday, the 1st, it will be my aim to get everyone up in the mountains and find the "perfect" tree, weather allowing.  It will also give us the opportunity to stop in to the Lazy Doe.  It's a wonderful little place to grab a bite and a beer.

We've got some things to take care of around the house/farm as well.  For starters, the car and truck need some attention.  The turkey coop still needs to be shingled.  We need some updates with our extension cord supply and another heated waterer.  And those stinking bunnies...I just don't know the best way to keep them happy, healthy and warm!  It's a mind bender and I intend on triumphing. I've got many ideas jumbled up in my head which I am trying to decipher and plan out.  As for IN-side the house, there is always something to work on.  The kids have been putting Christmas stuff out downstairs today while Daddy and I were in the kitchen.  He was butchering deer and I was cooking...and cooking and cooking.  They were actually getting along and helping each other AND cleaning up!  Someone Pinch Me, I MUST be dreaming!  THANKFUL!!!!

So, I guess it's early to bed tonight.  I'll be driving the Hubby in to work tomorrow.  Also, it's a Monday which is clean sheets and towels day...I can't wait, I LOVE my clean sheets.  I will also be able to get some of this CHAOS under control.  It's my Weekly Home Blessing day.  I'm a Baby-Stepper for sure.  (My Thanks to FlyLady *a wink and a smile*)  Hmmm, maybe this week won't be quite so settled.  LOL  Just another day in the life of the Woodsies.  At least I already have dinner for tomorrow.  Turkey Soup, Yum.  Oh, and hunting season is OVER!!!  Woo Hoo!!!

Here's to a Wonderful Week.

~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment